Sunday, July 14, 2002

Very slow day today, although quite productive. Kind of nice to be able to just lounge around read, IM people, and call some folks I haven't talked to in a while. RD woke me up with a start at 11 to go to breakfast, which was nice because it kicked me out of an awful dream I was having. The first teaching nightmare, as it were. Dreamed that for some reason, my class was being held in my old bedroom at home. On top of that I had no lesson plan prepared, and was distributing M&Ms for an activity, but not quite sure why. Then my glasses broke, so I couldn't see the kids, and they started rioting, throwing M&Ms all over the place. I was panicking heavily when RD woke me up (I also had a disturbing dream earlier about trying to take mass transit all over Oswego and having no idea why, or where things were, but just sure I was really late for something... probably the class being taught in my room). Spent the afternoon getting lesson plans figured out, and retyping "The Monkey's Paw". It is an incredible pain in the ass to type a play. Way harder than just churning out the words, it took me like 2.5 hrs. for 2000 words. Really unpleasant, but necessary. But, finally got all my lesson plans figured out and such for the week ahead, which of course may be utterly useless if I don't have a class... Well, they want flexibility, so we'll be flexible, I guess.

No comments: