Thursday, July 04, 2002




3 July Got my district assignment today in the mail- LA Unified. Not exactly what I wanted, i was hoping for Lynwood or Compton (partially for the cachet with my BET fan college roomates), but mostly for practical reasons. It looks though like LAUSD will be pretty close to where I want to live, but since I'm not sure, we can't really move on getting an apt. until I get out there. Also, there's the chance that I might get placed on track B teaching, which means that I wouldn't start until Nov., hence wouldn't get paid until Dec. I really don't have any intention of going home to Oswego if I get put on that, so I'll have to figure something out. My roomate said that subs make $160/day, and since I'd be hired at my school, I could probably get on a permanent subbing list. Not the best way to do things, but if it happens, I'm sure I'll get by one way or another.

No comments: