Wednesday, July 24, 2002

Heat is back, and it is really really bad. I got another "Mr. Williams? Did you spill water on your back?" in class today after tramping up 4 flights of stairs from the basement in a shirt that (unfortunately) has some color-changing properties when damp. The class continues to be a real joy to teach- today I read them the old Appalachian folk tale "Taily-Po", which they absolutely loved. I think that even though they really didn't seem to get the sequencing activity I did afterwards, the fact that one of my reluctant readers asked for my copy of the story to take home made the whole thing worthwhile. Apologies to regular readers for not keeping updated lately, but it's just been too damn hot to sit in my room and type any of this up. When things cool down (it was 106 on the heat index today at 6 pm!) I should be in better spirits.

No comments: