Monday, October 27, 2008

"I'm going to test them"

From the Chicago Tribune:

McCain, meanwhile, seized on remarks by Obama's running mate, Sen. Joe Biden, about the possibility an international crisis if the junior senator is elected, as the world tests him, just as John F. Kennedy was tested by the Cuban missile crisis.

"They may want to test Sen. Obama. I've been tested," McCain said. "I'm going to test them. They're not going to test me. The next president won't have time to get used to the office."

McCain isn't really making sense here. Presumably the sentence "the next president won't have time to get used to the office" applies equally to both McCain and Obama, as to my knowledge McCain has not spent any time as President.

And what does he mean by "I'm going to test them"? He's going to test the world's patience by starting another unilateral war?

No comments: