Wednesday, September 18, 2002

Well, looks like I may be escaping what has slowly turned into some degree of hell at Bret Harte Middle School. I think the combination of my inexperience and lack of any planning time before I got started led to one helluva got-off-on-the-wrong-foot. Anyway, my roomate JY got me an interview at his school, for a permanent middle-school social studies position. I'm really hoping that it's A-track, so that I actually have summer vacation off. With luck, the mistakes that I made with my current class can be avoided, and the viscious cycle of negativity can be avoided this time. Of critical importance right now is the degree of honesty with which I answer the inevitable "how long ya gonna stick around" question at the interview tomorrow. JY said he was sure it would come (he got it) and suggested that I tell them what they want to hear. They certainly don't want to hear that I'm already rounding up law school recommendations, I'd imagine.

No comments: