Friday, December 18, 2009

What we're fighting for

It's critical to remember that health care reform is not about scoring points or roughing up Lieberman or even "winning." It's about the chance to make life tangibly better for millions of Americans. Josh Marshall posts an email from one of them:

If I feel abandoned, it's not by Obama and the Democratic party, it's by those on the left advocating to kill the bill.

I am unemployed and have a pre-existing condition that requires daily medicines, quarterly doctors visits and an annual test. I am on COBRA, which runs out mid-2010, when I will have to find new health insurance. I will need to purchase some kind of health insurance, assuming I can find provider who will insure me

I don't pretend to understand all the intricacies of the health care reform bill, but I do read a lot. From what I can glean, if the bill passed, I would be able to find health insurance because I could not to be turned down due to my pre-exisiting condition. And based on my income at the moment, my premuims would be subsidized.

Believe me, it's scary being 52 and unemployed with a medical condition. Any form of security is vital.

1 comment:

Noora said...

The entire world sees America the problem clearly
But Americans do not see their problem is well
If America brought its soldiers and troops from countries of the world
And prevented them from tampering with the security of peoples
Then your problems will dissolve
I know that my language is not good but I've tried to write these sentences
I see the code for the reasonable person understand