Thursday, October 10, 2002

More fun times a la escuela. My 3rd period class continues to give me hell- tomorrow I get to send a table of kids down to the dean with Exhibits A, B, and C: defaced textbooks from their table bearing the slogans "Williams is a gayo", "Mr. Williams is a bitch", and my personal favorite- "Williams suck my pussy" (not quite sure who wrote that, as I'm pretty sure the table is entirely male). I figured it would be fun and less hassle for me to send them all down and let the referral room sort out which of the idiots was responsible for it, considering that he'll end up owing about $200 to the school. I've pretty much had it with my 3rd period class. Even when I do my damndest to make things useful or give them breaks, they somehow manage to screw it up. The two wingnuts who decided that during the test today, which I explicity told them would be no-talking, were gabbing away about their answers, had their tests taken away and ripped up in front of them. When I reconsidered later, and said they could come in after school to take the test, neither one showed up... And then we have DG, who went on a 2 week trip to Mexico, and despite my entreaties has yet to show up to get some sort of make-up work after school. My patience only goes so far- these are 13 year old kids, and should be competent to do something in their own damn self-interest without me having to chase them down and shove it down their throats.

No comments: