Sunday, November 02, 2008

Home Stretch: Ohio update

Two Ohio polls today show the state tightening up. One has Obama up by 6, the other has McCain by 2 (although this poll has a small sample size, and the pollster- Mason Dixon, has shown a 2-3 point lean toward McCain, so this one might be more realistically thought of as even or a slight lead for Obama, with a 5-6 point margin of error).

On the GOTV front, I have a friend who's doing voter protection in Ohio, and he tells me that things look good around Kent and Toledo, but there are some reports of voter suppression efforts in Cleveland.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi jeff
reports from the home stretch in iowa are looking positive. i think the promotion of absentee voting has been critical, and i have been chasing in ballots for the last two days. say hello to the kolvas for me!
take care,
kate

Anonymous said...

Doing gotv calling in Ohio, a few times I found I had the wrong name and wasn't talking to the "likely Obama supporter" I had on my list but I'd still get an endorsement out of my random contact.

Those were some of the best, second to the "I already voted" calls. Of which there were many!